January 09, 2014

Brushing Off the Dust

It has been over a year since I have written! But it is time to brush the dust off the old keys and get to typing. I've had a full year bursting with exciting and trying experiences. And now I am looking forward to being back, sharing thoughts, books and encouraging materials with you. As I was sitting here thinking about what to write I thought that maybe I should share some of what has been happening in my life... graduating high school was a big step, changing the main absorbent of my time from school to work. I also was able to become more involved with the children's ministries in my church, serving as a summer intern. But more importantly God has been working on my heart and teaching me what it means to be truly set-apart for Him. Don't get me wrong- I am not claiming at all to have figured out an easy magical way of focussing on God. But God has been and is continuing to work on my heart showing me that it is possible to be totally in love with Him and find contentment in His presence alone.
God is the one who does the work. It can not be me. When I have a hand in it, or I am trying to do it in my own strength which I do so often, it simply doesn't work! Go figure, I know ... but honestly... Though it is hard to relinquish control and turn over to God areas as personal as my relationships with young men, or how I spend my time, I've come to realize that that is what it means to be 100% HIS! To give Him control of EVERY area of my life.  It is my prayer as I write this that each of you will join me in seeking to draw closer to God during this new year, giving Him access to your whole heart and letting Him truly reign supreme.

In His Service,

2 comments: